Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Villanueva: It just got worse

Charlie Villanueva voiced some of his frustration through his Twitter account on Monday.

"This has been a very frustrating year, it just only got worse 2day, I have never experienced, in my 5 years, what I have experience this year," Villanueva wrote on Twitter.

Villaneuva followed that up a few minutes later by writing, "Let's put it like this, I rather not say anything cause I don't want to get fined."

Later Villanueva added, "I respect Joe D so much, that I will keep my mouth shut, just needed to vent a little."

It's unclear exactly what Villanueva is referring to, but you can read between the lines. Sounds like he might not play when the Pistons play at Philadelphia on Tuesday.

Villanueva was benched for the Pistons game against the Heat on March 31, something that took him by surprise.

"I found out yesterday why through the papers," Villanueva said the day after being benched. "He could already have a game plan or whatever he was doing, but it would have been cool if he would just said this is what I'm going to do, you know, just so I'd be prepared for it."

It appeared the benching was in the past when Villanueva played 18 minutes in the Pistons following game and 23 minutes in the Pistons loss at Atlanta on Saturday. But the Twitter posts by Villanueva make it appear there is still something going on.

Villanueva has had a disappointing season, averaging 11.7 points and 4.7 rebounds this season. He has battled injuries including plantar fasciitis and back spasms. It will be interesting to see what Villanueva's role will be in the Pistons final six games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home