Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Villanueva says Nike Hyperizes not banned

There were multiple reports that Pistons trainer Arnie Kander had banned Nike Hyperizes as a result of all the Pistons ankles injuries early in the season. Piston forward Charlie Villanueva said that's not the case.

"I read on @solecollector, Pistons banned Nike Hyperizes sneakers cuz ... it contributed to the ankle injuries we've had. Are u kidding me???" Villanueva wrote on his Twitter page.

"
First off I still rock my Nike Hyperizes, I love them! I've yet to had any problems whatsoever; ankle injury can happen to anyone at anytime."

"
The Nike Hyperizes are good money, trust me. Like the great MJ once told Mars Blackmon ... 'it's not the shoes mars'. LOL"

Looks like the reports were wrong or Villanueva is not heading Kander's advice and still wearing the "glorified moccasins."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home