Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Flip Camera era has begun

The Oakland Press has made a commitment to producing more videos to help bolster the content on theoaklandpress.com. A part of that commitment has been to put flip cameras in the hands of every reporter.

As the Pistons beat writer I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of those flip cams and used it for the first time after last night's Pistons-Celtics games. I recorded interviews with coach John Kuester and guard Ben Gordon. You can view a couple highlights of those interviews along with my game story here.

It was an interesting experience being behind a camera instead of just holding up a tape recorder, but it's one I enjoyed and am looking forward to doing for the remainder of the season.

Due to NBA rules the videos may only remain up for 72 hours and can not last longer than two minutes, but make sure to check them out. I will post videos on here from time to time. It's a new era for The Oakland Press and I for one am excited about it. Let us know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home