Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gordon still feeling good

Ben Gordon agreed to a deal with the Pistons on the first day of free agency. A decision he was comfortable with the second he made it and nothing has changed so far.

“I felt great about my decision from the jump,” Gordon said. “It hasn’t changed and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. I definitely still have the same mindset and I still feel the same way about my choice.”

Some questioned the decision with the Pistons having a solid core of guards in Richard Hamilton, Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum. But Gordon says the four of them all have different styles, which help complement each other.

“I think all our games are really different, whatever one guy is lacking Stuckey, Rip or myself will be able to fill in that area,” Gordon said. “I think if used right, we can all play together.”

Gordon expects to play both guard positions and is excited at the opportunity to play point guard, something he didn’t do last season.

“When coach (Scott) Skiles was (in Chicago) I had the opportunity to play both guard positions, last year not so much,” Gordon said. “I have an opportunity again here. It’s definitely something I’m looking forward to and I just think it makes me a bigger threat, being able to play off the ball and play on the ball.”

Kuester impressed with Kwame
Pistons center Kwame Brown has had his share of ups and downs since he was drafted No. 1 overall by Washington in 2001. Brown is hoping to put past struggles behind him and possibly earn a starting spot with the Pistons this season.

Head coach John Kuester said he has been impressed with Brown through the first few days of training camp.

“I expect a lot out of Kwame,” Kuester said. “Kwame Brown has done nothing, but impress me from Day 1, since I met him. I think he is somebody that can be a huge asset for our team. I’m very pleased with where he is right now.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home