Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Iverson agrees to deal with Grizzlies


Allen Iverson has agreed to a deal with the Memphis Grizzlies according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski. Iverson is expected to a sign a one-year $3.5 million contract with incentives based on performance.

“I feel that they are committed to developing a winner and I know that I can help them accomplish that,” Iverson said on his Twitter page. “I feel that I can trust them.”

It ends an unusual offseason for Iverson, whose stock dropped dramatically after his fallout with the Pistons. The 10-time All-Star didn’t draw nearly as much interest as he would have prior to last season.

“God chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career,” Iverson said on his Twitter page. “I met with Mr. Heinsly, Chris Wallace and my next head coach Lionel Hollins.”

Iverson never averaged less than 22 points a game until last season when he averaged 17.4 points for the Pistons. He played just 57 games last season (54 for the Pistons).

The Pistons play a preseason game at Memphis on Oct. 17 and open the regular season at Memphis on Oct. 28. The Grizzlies visit The Palace on Jan. 27.

Iverson joins a young Memphis squad that includes O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay and No. 2 overall pick Hasheem Thabeet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home