Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pistons win fifth straight at home

AUBURN HILLS — The Pistons won their fifth straight game at home Monday, the first time they did so since 2009.

Detroit hasn’t beaten any “elite” teams during that stretch, with Boston being the only team with a winning record, but to coach Lawrence Frank a win is a win.

“I’ve never believed in the teams you should beat because then what happens for the teams, ‘You’re not supposed to beat,’ ” Frank said. “To me, on any given night, anyone can beat anyone. That’s why no one is going perfect at home. From our confidence standpoint, the way we win and there’s obviously a lot of things to clean up, but there is finding a way to win and winning on our terms.

“Tonight was a game we won shooting 42 percent. That’s a good thing because we held them to 33 percent. We had great rim protection. But like I said, I’ve never bought into that one’s you should beat because to me on any given night, anyone can beat anyone.”

The Pistons have been able to play well at home despite poor crowds at The Palace. The announced attendance Monday was 11,352, but it was clearly the smallest home crowd of the season.

Detroit is currently dead last in the NBA in attendance.

“I’ve said this from Day 1, Detroit has had a great history of fan support,” Frank said. “It is upon us and when I say us, the entire team and the organization, to give fans a reason to come to the games. People aren’t going to come out of just blind loyalty. You can’t hang your hat on what you did, it’s what you’re earning.

“I think if we continue to play, continue to improve, the fans see you got a bunch of guys that are busting their tail every day, I think this town more so than any other town there is, appreciates hard work. I think as long as we embody that, I think more and more people will come out. The onus is on us. It’s not on the fans. The onus is on us to put together a product that’s worth coming out for.”

The Pistons have two more home games this week and will look to extend their home winning streak when they host Golden State Wednesday and Chicago Friday.

Knight feeling better
Brandon Knight was a game-time decision Monday night after suffering a left thigh bruise in the Pistons loss to Dallas Saturday.
Knight ended up starting, playing nearly 34 minutes and finishing with 17 points, five rebounds and five assists.

“I honestly didn’t know,” Knight said of whether or not he was going to play Monday. “Yesterday it didn’t feel too good on my leg. God is good, allowed me to be healthy today. Working with Arnie (Kander), a lot of treatment. I was able to get warmed up pretty well. I felt a lot better.”

Knight doesn’t expect the injury to keep him out moving forward saying after the game he was, “good.”

Dave Pemberton covers the Pistons for The Oakland Press. Email him at dave.pemberton@oakpress.com and follow him on Twitter @drpemberton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home