Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Pistons rookie Singler has fun with "buckets" videos

AUBURN HILLS — Rookie Kyle Singler likes to get buckets and not just on the court for the Pistons. Singler recently shot a video for Pistons.com of him making a series of trick shots from all different locations.

The trick “buckets” include Singler bouncing the ball off one of the giant bats in front of Comerica Park and into the hoop, Singler punting the ball through the goal post and into the net at Ford Field and the most impressive “bucket” comes when he bounces the ball off the windshield of a moving car, off the backboard and into the net.

Singler admits the shot off the car took him a while, but others he hits right away.

“Each shot’s different,” Singler said. “There’s been shots where I made it on the fifth try. The car one took me a little bit, took me a while. It’s all luck, but there’s definitely a little skill involved.”

How does Singler come with the shots?

“I think about them, whether it’s just between conversations that I had with my friends or most of the shots I Google a place and just try to think of what’s the craziest thing that I can do,” Singler said. “That’s kind of how it happens.”

This isn’t the first time Singler has shot a a video with a series of trick shots. He did it at Duke and in high school.

“It’s something that when I was in high school I did a lot,” Singler said. “Just a couple buddies of mine, we used to always try crazy shots and we’d record them on camera. At Duke I wanted to do it so the video guy and I got together and shot some stuff. It’s just carried on.”

Singler tries to have fun with the videos and hopes to continue shooting them.

“Down the road, yeah,” Singler said. “I’m not sure what the next one is going to be like. I envision myself doing them for a while because they’re fun to do.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home