Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Detroit Pistons' Ben Gordon commits to play for Great Britain

The Great Britain national team received a huge boost when Pistons guard Ben Gordon committed to play for the team. Gordon, who was born in London before moving to the U.S., will join the national team in July. It's a a nice addition for Great Britain, which will compete in the 2011 Euro-Basket qualifiers this summer. Gordon will join former Bulls teammate Luol Deng on the squad.

"I am delighted to have committed myself to GB for this summer and beyond," Gordon said. "I have heard a lot from Luol about the team and where we are going, so I am excited about the prospect of pulling on the GB vest.

"I have been in discussion with British Basketball for a while now, but various things have stopped me being able to fully commit, however I am now settled with the Pistons and the time is right."

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great news for a player coming off of an injury-plagued season. Who needs time off and rest when you're honoring a multi-million dollar contract?

May 7, 2010 at 12:01 PM 
Anonymous Ryan said...

Dude doesn't need rest, needs to play himself into form (decent minutes could do that!)

May 7, 2010 at 5:51 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Ben. Eveerybody cant be on the US team and if some have international connections then it only serves to make a better tournament if they play for the other teams. I know Deng is from Africa but he spent some of his childhood in London and resides there in the off season. I wish them luck unless they play the US then I want to destroy them as we did the Brits during the war of 1812!

May 8, 2010 at 5:59 AM 
Anonymous Fm said...

hmm...we hardly "destroyed" the Brits during the war of 1812....look it up.

July 26, 2010 at 10:41 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home