Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wallace not worried about trade rumors

Several Pistons players have been the topic of trade rumors as Thursday’s trade deadline nears. One name to come up recently was Ben Wallace. Denver was rumored to be interested in the veteran big man, who is averaging 5.4 points, 9.0 rebounds, 1.3 steals and 1.2 blocks this season.

Wallace was asked about the trade rumors after Tuesday’s win over Minnesota and said they don’t bother him.

“If somebody called and asked about me that means somebody still wants me,” Wallace said. “When people stop calling to inquire then I should be worried.”

Wallace could add toughness and interior defense to a contending team and a team would not have to invest anything long term with Wallace. He is making the veteran league minimum of $1.3 million as part of a one-year deal he signed in the offseason.

Wallace said he is not worried and nothing would surprise him at this point in his career.

“Nothing in this league surprises me anymore,” Wallace said. “I came here to hopefully finish my career, but I know the situation when I sign an NBA contract, there is a possibility I could get traded. It’s the nature of the business.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home