Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Brown's injured hand getting worse

Center Kwame Brown admitted Wednesday the injury to his left hand has progressively gotten worse over the preseason. Brown injured his hand during the first week of training camp, but has played through it.

Brown said he didn’t get it officially checked out by a doctor, but planned on getting an X-ray today.

“Every practice I’m getting whacked so it’s getting worse.,” said Brown, who admitted he can’t close his hand. “It’s not frustrating, it’s part of the game. I’m just trying to focus on other things that I can do for us, getting teammates open, rebounding, running, playing good defense. But it’s definitely hindering a little bit of my game. It’s not letting me be as aggressive as I want to be.”

It’s a blow to Brown, who has had a good preseason thus far, starting all six games and averaging 7.7 points and 6.5 rebounds in just over 22 minutes a game.

“He’s practiced everyday,” Kuester said. “He’s worked extremely hard and he’s really improved. That’s the thing I’ve been really pleased with, his ability to come out here and get better each time. I feel that he’s made great strides since the beginning of preseason."

Prince questionable for Thursday
Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince is questionable for Thursday’s game against the Timberwovles with a sprained big toe. Prince practiced Tuesday and Wednesday, but said he was unsure if he will play.

“I practiced that don’t mean I’m back,” Prince said after practice Wednesday. “Obviously, practice is not game speed. I’m out here practicing, but I still feel uncomfortable. I can imagine game speed is going to be worse. We’ll see how it feels the rest of the day, with more treatment. We’ll see how it feels when I come in for shootaround.”

Prince injured the toe when he collided with Washington Javale McGee last week and has missed the Pistons last two preseason games with the injury. Prince also suffered a large cut on the bottom of his toe, which did not require stiches. Prince said the cut has healed and is no longer a problem, just the sprain is bothering him.

“It’s tough when you got a sprained big toe,” Prince said. “A lot of guys have had that injury before. That’s one of the toughest injuries to have, especially me, I’m right-foot dominant. It makes it tough.”

Villanueva ready for Palace debut
Forward Charlie Villanueva has had to wait longer than he expected to make his debut at The Palace as a Piston, but is ready to finally get that chance tonight against the Timberwolves.

“I’m very excited,” said Villauneva, who missed the Pistons first five preseason games with a hamstring injury. “It’s painful sitting on the sidelines and watching the team go out there and play, and you can’t do much about it. But I’m feeling good, which is the most important part. I just can’t wait to get out there.”

Villanueva has used the past three days of practice to get more comfortable with the Pistons’ system and his new teammates, something he didn’t get a chance to do since he injured his hamstring so early in the preseason.

“It’s been going well,” Villanueva said. “I’m just getting more comfortable with the plays, more comfortable with the guys out there. I’m coming along pretty well.”

Pistons waive Baston
The Pistons put forward Maceo Baston on waivers Wednesday. The former Michigan star averaged 0.5 points and 0.5 rebounds in 3.5 minutes per game during the preseason.

The move puts the Pistons roster at 15.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kwame Brown is terrible. The pistons need to release him or trade him for Chris Kaman.

October 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home