Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pistons guards having fun with small lineup

Will Bynum said the Pistons have not practiced at all with their three-guard lineups, but the small lineups looked in mid-season form at times during the Pistons 100-91 win over the Hawks Sunday night.

A large part of the success is the guards are having fun playing with each other.

“It’s fun, especially for me,” Bynum said. “I’m over there cheering when I see Stuckey do a move or Ben do a move, I’m over there cheering even on the court. I find myself cheering on the court. I feel like I did the move and it’s just vice versa when I do move. I think it works out perfectly.”

Detroit’s four guards combined for 68 of the team’s 100 points. Gordon led the way with 22 points, Stuckey added 20 points, Richard Hamilton finished with 15 and Bynum had 11 points.

Jerebko impresses Kuester
Pistons rookie Jonas Jerebko had six points and six rebounds in just over 17 minutes, but more importantly impressed Kuester with the little things he did.

“You can’t look at what he did, in regards to six points, six rebounds in 17 minutes and understand the impact that he had on the little things that we want to get accomplished,” Kuester said. “Whether it be shows on the high pick-and-rolls, his second and third energy efforts going after the boards, whether he got it or didn’t get it. I was very proud of him. I’ve seen that in him in practice.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home