Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bynum whistled for rare techincal foul

Pistons guard Will Bynum was whistled for a rare technical during Tuesday's loss to the Memphis Grizzlies.

Bynum's technical was the third called by official David Guthrie in a two-minute span in the second quarter. The first two were on Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins and Grizzlies player Quincy Pondexter.

Bynum couldn't recall the last time he got a technical foul and was surprised he picked one up Tuesday.

"All I said was, ‘He hit my hand,’ " Bynum said. "That’s all I said. I don’t even say nothing. I want my $2,000 in my pocket. I need every dime I can get man. I’ve never got a technical, I don’t think. It’s different man."

The NBA fines players $2,000 for each technical foul. Tuesday's technical was not Bynum's first, but it was just the fourth of his career. Bynum had one during the 2010-11 season and two during the 2009-10 season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home