Blogs > Pistons' Point

An inside look at the Detroit Pistons and the NBA.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gordon questionable, Hamilton out for Lakers

Ben Gordon is questionable for Sunday’s game against the Lakers, while Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince are listed as out.

Gordon said he will test the ankle Sunday morning at the shootaround and make a decision from there.

“I’m just working with Arnie every day and pretty much going off what he suggests Right now, I don’t know,” Gordon said Saturday. “I don’t know what he has in store for me. Hopefully I’ll be ready by tomorrow. It’s feeling stronger each day, but we are just taking it day by day right now.”

Gordon is trying to build strength in the sprained ankle and hopes to have the ankles pretty even in terms of strength before he returns.

“(I’m) just trying to get it strong as possible,” Gordon said. “Right now there is a big difference between strength in the two ankles. I’m just trying to strengthen it up so I won’t have any imbalance when I’m playing out there.”

Hamilton’s ankle is not quite 100 percent, but it’s his hamstring that is keeping him out of the lineup right now. Hamilton injured the hamstring during the Pistons’ loss to the Rockets on Tuesday.

“It’s a frustrating thing because when you think you’re back and then something happens, it’s like one of those things that it’s hard for you to get over, because you want to be out there,” Hamilton said. “You want to be with your guys and playing. And I’ve never been injured like this in my whole career. It’s frustrating. I just try to stay positive, try to stay around the guys and still try to work out, do the things I can do so I can be ready when I come back and play.”

Hamilton hopes he can return this week, but admitted it’s kind of a day-to-day thing.

“They said that with my ankle last time and I sure wasn’t day-to-day,” Hamilton said with a laugh. “Hopefully sometime this week coming up (I’ll return).”

Hamilton doesn’t see the ankle being a problem once he returns and said the hamstring is a different type of injury.

“It’s totally different,” Hamilton said. “The ankle was one of them things where I couldn’t walk and was on crutches. I can still walk some. There’s still pain there and things like that. It’s frustrating to me just not suiting up and going on the floor. That’s very, very hard and difficult for me right now. I just got to get better.

“The ankle still swells up at times, but I’m getting more and more confident with it. I knew it was going to get swollen every now and then after I played. The one thing I just wanted, was to be confident in it. If I’m confident in it, I’ll be fine.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home